FRP Square Pultruded Beams
FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Polymer) SHS (Square Hollow Section) pultruded beams are a versatile and durable construction material that is becoming increasingly popular in a variety of applications. Pultrusion is a manufacturing process that involves pulling continuous fibers through a resin bath, creating a strong and lightweight composite material.
Benefits of FRP SHS Pultruded Beams
There are many benefits to using FRP SHS pultruded beams, including:
- High strength-to-weight ratio: The SHS beams are stronger than steel on a weight-for-weight basis, making them ideal for applications where weight is a major concern.
- Corrosion resistance: SHS pultruded beams are resistant to corrosion from chemicals, moisture, and UV rays, making them ideal for use in harsh environments.
- Low maintenance: The SHS beams require minimal maintenance and do not need to be painted or treated to protect them from the elements.
- Electrical insulation: The beams are non-conductive, making them ideal for use in electrical applications.
- Fire retardancy: FRP can be made to be fire retardant, making them ideal for use in applications where fire safety is a concern.
- Easy to work with: The beams can be easily cut, drilled, and shaped using standard tools.
The FRP beams are used in a variety of applications, including:
SHS pultruded beams are a strong, durable, and lightweight construction material that is becoming increasingly popular in a variety of applications. Their high strength-to-weight ratio, corrosion resistance, low maintenance requirements, and electrical insulation properties make them ideal for use in a wide range of industries.