Jetty refurbishment in Cowes, Phillip Island
Cowes Jetty was originally built in 1870 and has recently being upgraded as part of Better Boating Victoria’s investment in recreational boating facilities across Port Phillip and Western Port.
There we are number of upgrades made to the jetty including:
- Strengthened cross heads to increase load capacity.
- Upgraded lights to solar lighting.
- Replaced hand railing along western side and renewed capping along both sides of jetty.
- Repairs to concrete support piles.
- Lowered northern low landing, allowing better low tide access.
- Upgrades to the eastern and southern low landings hand railing, fenders and walers.
- Replacement of jetty head beams, decking, capping, handrails and lighting.
The decking replacements included MaxiGRATE FRP grating and stair treads which was installed by GTK Construction
MaxiGRATE 38mm mini mesh grating and stair treads were used on the jetty. The colour used was dark grey/charcoal (RAL 7021). The mini mesh was finished with a fine grit for a safe non-slip surface that is also comfortable to walk on.
MaxiGRATE mini mesh with a 20mm x 20mm/40mm x 40mm grid pattern with a 42% open area.
MaxiGRATE is corrosion resistant and UV resistant, meaning it will look and perform excellently for many years. Helping to ensure the community continues to have access to Cowes Jetty.
- Safe Non-slip Surface finish
- UV stable
- Fire resistant
- Low maintenance
- Corrosion resistant
- Chemical resistant
- Easy to fabricate
Please contact us for more information on MaxiGRATE or any of our other products